The B. Com. Programme is intended to provide advanced knowledge in Commerce specializations and it aims to equip students with the knowledge and competence in the field of business and commerce to pursue a professional career and/or furthering higher education in the field of commerce.
B.Com. Course is affiliated with Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith (MGKVP), Varanasi.
Duration of B.Com Course is of three years.
The minimum qualification for admission shall be a 10+2 from any School/College in India or abroad recognized or equivalent thereto. For admission in B.Com course the candidate must have either Commerce or Economic or Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 levels. Candidates appearing in their final examination of 10+2 can also apply. Such students will have to provide their passing out marksheet, at the time of final selection.
After successful completion of their B.Com. course, students have a immense job prospects in finance, Marketing, International Business and Human Resources as well as get armed to pursue specialized course such as PGDM, MBA, C.A., C.S. On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can seek out for career in public and private undertakings and can also apply for the banking sector jobs like clerical and Probationary Officer jobs.
Admission on the basis of the score obtained in Online Test.
- BC 101 : Business Organisation & Management
- BC 102 : Financial Accounting
- BC 103 : Business Regulatory Framework
- BC 104 : Business Economics
- BC 105 : Business Statistics
- BC 106 : Introduction to Computer Applications
- BC 106 : Business Mathematics / Office Management
- BC 201: Corporate Accounting
- BC 202: Marketing
- BC 203: Cost Accounting
- BC 204: Company Law
- BC 205: Auditing
- BC 206: Business Communications
- BC 206: Business Graphics & Multimedia Management
- BC 206: Principles Of Insurance
- BC 301: Income Tax
- BC 302: Business Finance
- BC 303: Economic Environment
- BC 304: Entrepreneurship & Small Business
- BC 305: Money & Financial System
- BC 306: Indirect Tax
- BC 306: Information Technology
- BC 306: Principles And Practices Of Actuaries
- BC 307: Viva-Voce
Prioritized Area of Research & Consultancy
Besides above mentioned academic curriculum institute also motivates students and faculty members to pursue researches in the below mentioned disciples through conferences, paper presentations and several other activities in the premises:
- Ethics & Values in Management
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing & Sales
- Leadership and
- Indian Ethos for Management
How to Apply
Application form can be filled online through our web site www.smsvaranasi.com or may be obtained from the campus/city office of the institute on payment of Rs. 500/-
Fee structure for the B.Com Course run by School of Management Sciences is Rs 38,000 per annum.
Fill Online Application Form
B.Com Learning Outcomes
Keeping in view the wide assortment of skills required to operate successfully in the ever-widening and all-encompassing field of commerce the following learning outcomes have been identified for students of B.Com. Programme, who are expected to work in a highly competitive environment.
- The students are expected to develop a thorough understanding of the Legal,economic, political social, cultural and technological subsystems that constitute the complex system of commerce in any country or internationally.
- The students are expected to deeply familiarize themselves with a wide range of managerial skills while building competency in particular areas of business.
- The students through wide exposure, are expected to understand general business principles and to develop proficiency in pertinent areas like accounting, finance, human resources, business management, marketing and economics.
- The students along with the knowledge of the pertinent areas critical to the field of commerce are also expected to develop excellent communication skills, both oral and written, so as to be able to effectively and efficiently fill the supply-demand gap in the field of commerce.
- Students are expected to develop sufficient knowledge and skills set, so as to be able to successfully pursue higher academic qualifications in the field of commerce or work in the field of research.