To prepare dynamic global managers equipped with understanding of the cross-cultural dimensions of business and skills for handling business in any part of the world.
Approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD.
PGDM Course is mounted for Two Years (Four Semesters) time duration.
Eligibility for this AICTE approved PGDM Course is Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian University or equivalent. Candidates appearing in final examination at graduate level may also apply.
All India Written Test (CAT /MAT /XAT /CMAT) followed by Group Discussion and Interview of selected candidates becomes the basis for admission in management course. Few seats are reserved for Sponsored Category candidates in this management course. Such candidates are exempted from Written Test like CAT /MAT /XAT /CMAT.
- BM 1.01 Management Principles and Practices
- BM 1.02 Marketing Management
- BM 1.03 Research Methodology
- BM 1.04 Managerial Economics
- BM 1.05 Business Statistics
- BM 1.06 Accounting and Financial Analysis
- BM 1.07 EEP – 1
- BM 1.08 Open Defence – 1
- BM 2.01 Micro-Economice
- BM 2.02 Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- BM 2.03 Human Resource Management
- BM 2.04 Financial Management
- BM 2.05 Operations Research
- BM 2.06 Organizational Behaviour
- BM 2.07 Field Survey Project
- BM 2.08 EEP – 2
- BM 2.09 Open Defence – 2
- Courses of Independent Studies (CIS-I) [Choose Anyone]
- CIS 1.1 Rural Marketing
- CIS 1.2 Business & Sustainable Development
- CIS 1.3 WTO and International Trade
- CIS 1.4 Cross Cultural Management
- BM 3.01 Entrepreneurship & Incubation
- BM 3.02 Banking & Financial Services
- BM 3.03 Business Analytics – I
- BM 3.04 (M) Core Specialization – I
- BM 3.05(M) Core Specialization – II
- BM 3.06 (F / H) Open Specialization – I
- BM 3.07 (F / H) Open Specialization – II
- BM 3.08 EEP-3
- BM 3.09 Summer Training Project
- BM 3.10 Open Defence
- BM 4.01 Leadership by Indian Ethos
- BM 4.02 Retail Management
- BM 4.03 International Business Management
- BM 4.04 Strategic Management
- BM 4.05 (M) Core Specialization – III
- BM 4.06 (F / H) Open Specialization – III
- BM 4.07 Dissertation
- BM 4.08 Comprehensive Viva-Voce
Specialisation Papers in Final Year
The course offers specialisation in the areas of Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Finance in the final year. Students have to select one specialisation area, each of which contains five papers (Three in the Third Semester and Two in the Fourth Semester) as follows:
- BM 3.05 (M) Advertising and Consumer Behaviour
- BM 3.06 (M) Sales Management
- BM 4.04 (M) Services & Digital Marketing
- BM 3.07 (F) Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
- BM 4.05 (F) Taxation and Tax Management
- BM 4.06 (F) Risk Management & Derivatives
- BM 3.07 (H) Compensation & Reward Management
- BM 4.05 (H) Organizational Development & Management of Change
- BM 4.06 (H) Human Resource Development
Priortized Area of Research & Consultancy
Besides above mentioned academic curriculum institute also motivates students and faculty members to pursue researches in the below mentioned disciples through conferences, paper presentations and several other activities in the premises:
- Ethics & Values in Management
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing & Sales
- Leadership and Indian Ethos for Management
How to Apply
Application form can be filled online through our web site www.smsvaranasi.com or may be obtained from the campus/city office of the institute on payment of Rs. 1000/-
Selection for Admission
Student will be selected on the basis of CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT scores followed by group discussion and personal interview.
The following is the fee structure inclusive of Tuition and other Fees for the above mentioned PGDM Course run by school of management Sciences.
||Tution Fee (Per Semester)
Scholarship schemes by the name of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Scholarship for New Admissions in PGDM Programs; Merit Scholarship for New Admissions in PGDM, BBA, BCA Programs; Babu Nageshwar Singh Scholarship for New Admissions in PGDM, MBA, MCA Programs. Prof. Mukund Lal Scholarship is applicable for Semester Toppers.
A few seats are reserved under sponsored category. Selection is on the basis of GD and Interview only.
Scope of the PGDM Program
As SMS Varanasi is in the fleet of top 50 Management Colleges offering top class management education at par with Top b-school of International arena and likewise best quality MBA Colleges; As a result it provides insider view of the complex business related problems and gives opportunities to the students to understand the same and excel in the corporate world with the help of Practical interactions, industrial visits, case studies and interactions with business tycoons.
PGDM Programme Learning Outcomes
Based on the vision and mission of the institute, the following learning outcomes have been identified for students of PGDM programme which are also in alignment with the model curriculum proposed by AICTE in January, 2018:
1. Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK)
Students are expected to have the understanding of environment in which business operates and that includes economic, socio-cultural, political, legal and technological environment. Further, there are various functions and activities of business that need to be performed. Students are expected to have deep knowledge and understanding of those functions and activities as that would help in recognizing the functioning of businesses, identifying potential business opportunities, evolvement of business enterprises and exploring the entrepreneurial opportunities.
2. Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI)
Students are expected to develop competencies in critical thinking for business decision making, capabilities and skills to analyse and solve business problems across functional areas and more so by coming out with innovative solutions.
3. Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU)
Students are expected to demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global business and Cross Cultural Understanding.
4. Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE)
Business is a societal activity and social responsiveness in the context of identifying and solving societal problems and exploring opportunities for social entrepreneurship is a key trait that is expected from the students. Further, students are expected to be sensitized towards ethical issues in business setting resulting in demonstration of ethical behavior in professional life.
5. Effective communication (EC)
Students are expected to develop effective oral and written communication skills especially in business applications with the use of appropriate technology wherever necessary.
6. Leadership and Teamwork (LT)
Students are expected to have leadership skills and ability to collaborate effectively with organizational members having diverse capabilities and skills to achieve organizational goals.