CBSE has just announced its merit scholarship scheme to give scholarship to meritorious Single Girl Students provided they are the only child of their parents.
The scheme aims at encouraging such meritorious students to continue with their studies.
The Eligibility Criteria is as given below :
1. Single Girl Students who have secured 60% i.e. 6.2 CGPA or more in CBSE Class X Examination and are in a School affiliated to CBSE and whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose.
2) Students who have passed their CBSE Class X Examination in 2016 will be considered.
3) The applicant also has to continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in a school affiliated to CBSE only.
The detailed notification of the scholarship is available on the official website cbse.nic.in OR you can
click on the link below : http://cbse.nic.in/Scholarship/Webpages/SGC%20Sship%20Scheme-2017.pdf
You can apply either online or in offline mode.
The last date to apply for the scholarship online is 15 NOVEMBER 2017. And for sending the application by post is 30 NOVEMBER 2017.
A step by step procedure to help you in applying for the application is given below:
1, Go on the official website of cbse i.e cbse.nic.in
2. Under the section ANNOUNCEMENTS, click on the link : CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child of Class X passed in 2017
3. You will be taken to the webpage of the scholarship. Two types of scholarships are available. Click on the option ‘Apply Online‘ next to the first scholarship.
4. Read the instructions carefully. Enter your Roll No., Certificate No. and all other particulars and submit the form.
5. Note down the Registration Number and print the undertaking as provided in the “Guidelines Document” . fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
6. Prepare affidavit, as per format provided in the “Guidelines Document”.
7. Scan the Affidavit and Undertaking to create JPG image file of up to 1MB size.
8. Go to “Upload Document” option and upload both the above documents.
9. Go to print “Confirmation Page” option and generate the confirmation page.
10. Send duly filled and signed confirmation page to Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi – 110092.
Apply before the last date and for any queries you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org