To go for studies in abroad is very demanding in India for a long time. Every year, around 3 lakh students go abroad for higher education. Though this outflow of youngsters is a brain drain but at an individual level it comes up with innumerable opportunities and good education facilities. Countries like Britain, USA and Australia are mainly preferred by Indian students. But, going to abroad for education is not a cakewalk, the complexities like getting passport and visa are also hurdled on the way. But before coming to that let us explore some exams that are considered for admission in universities abroad.
There are categorically two types of exams conducted to get admission in foreign universities:-
1) IELTS: International English Language Testing or IELTS is one of the most decorated exams to get admission in foreign. There are many coaching institutes in India that help in preparation of this exam. To study or work in a place where English is the main form of communication the knowledge of the required subject is important. The exam has many variants of English including British, American and Australian English.
Credibility: It recognized by over 9,000 organizations worldwide, including educational institutions, employers, governments, immigration authorities and professional bodies. Every year Lakhs of people give this exam. It is conducted IELTS in more than 140 countries and in over 1,000 locations.
Validity:- For 2 years .
The applicant receives a free IELTS preparation book within 10 days after registration at the address provided by you in the application form. They can expect your IELTS result to be available online 13 calendar days after your test.
2) TOEFL:- It stands For Test Of English As A Foreign Language. It is taken mostly by students looking for under graduation and post graduation studies in the USA. The objective of conducting this exam is to check the English language command of non-native speakers and a few immigration departments use the score to issue residential and work visas as well. 9000 colleges in 130 countries accept 3) TOEFL scores, including the top 100 in the US. Over 27 million people all over the world have taken the test.
Validity:- 2 years
Other details of the exam can be availed through it’s official website.
4) PTE:- PTE or Personal Test Of English is a computer-based academic English language test aimed at non-native English speakers wanting to study abroad. It tests Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
PTE exam score is also accepted for visa applications. It results cones in five business days It is approved for Australian visa applications. It is accepted in more than 50 countries worldwide.
5) GMAT:- GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. It us asked by many Business-schools abroad. It is computer-based test and is used to measure a student’s logical, critical thinking ability and mathematical skills. It is accepted in more than 600 business or management institutes around the world. The test is offered in 34 Indian cities.
6) GRE :- GRE stand for Graduate Record Examination. It is to get admission in graduation and business programmes in countries like the USA and Canada. It is offered in 1,000 test centers and in over 600 countries.
7) SAT : SAT or Scholarship Assessment Test is taken up by students planning to pursue under graduation courses at Universities in the USA and Canada. Some UK universities also accept it.
8) ACT :- American College Testing ot ACT is also test required for under graduation program in USA. It evaluates the verbal, written, scientific and mathematical skills of the students.
There are many counselors who help in choosing right colleges abroad and who know the right channel to get to one. Infact, the problems related to Passport and Visa is also their burden. On the other hand one can apply for passport and VISA by themselves and get into good college or school abroad in case they are able to pass these exams. There are also many universities in abroad that do not require the scores of such exams. But, education in abroad is very expensive and only a man with good earning can afford it.