An MBA in finance balances mathematical rigor with management classes, and it can be a good way to direct your career towards c-suite jobs in finance, and on top of that this course will give you great opportunities like internship at various companies, allowing you to expand on your MBA while actively researching whether or not a career in finance is right for you.
Finance is one of the most sought-after specialization of MBA. It is one of the oldest disciplines of management courses. In the last of the 19th century, Economics was the most popular subject that attracted a wide range of students towards MBA but with time the focus has changed to finance.
When we hear the term ‘finance’, we think of it as a job in an old boring bank. But no, only banking is not all that finance has to offer you. Finance as a subject involves the management, control,and review of the collection, investment and resources of money as a capital required for an industrial building, plant and working, this activity is called as the Financial Management which is controlled by the Finance Manager.
It is the age of industrialization all around the world, that has established many companies all around the globe helping students find a relevant job. Finance is the way to establish an industry in a proper way in according to the money management of the building, run, money resources,and its proper collection.
MBA in finance is a 2-year degree programme. You can choose one of your favorites and interested specialization out of finance in marketing, HR, Operation etc.
To get admission in an MBA institution you should be a graduate in any discipline with a good percentage.
Here we are talking about one of the specializations called “Finance”. Students were asked as to why they are choosing finance as their specialization. Their replies were, “the financial crisis is being counted as the biggest crises in the world. And we had experienced one such crisis a couple of years ago”. All countries are demanding heavily skilled financial analyst against their financial sector for preparation and control. Therefore, MBA in finance is most sought out and one of the leading hot topics all across the world.
In this course, the students are offered knowledge and skills of analytical thinking, continuous process, the concept of a managerial decision, maintaining a balance between risk & profitability, coordination process, and centralized nature.
This course includes subjects like corporate finance, budgeting, costing, international finance, investment & securities, and working capital management. These subjects prepare the students to work with any financial organization.
What is best an MBA in finance or a specialized master’s degree?
An MBA in finance will prepare students for senior level and management jobs in the financial sector, with courses focusing more on management, communications, marketing, business leadership, and organizational behavior. Almost all MBA programs require the GMAT or GRE for acceptance.
An MSc in finance, on the other hand, focuses more on technical and operational competencies, with classes such as linear algebra, differential equations and multivariable calculus taking precedence over management skills.
Generally, an MBA in finance is geared more for leadership positions in the financial sector while an MSc in finance – generally more targeted at pre-experience candidates as well as those looking to move into specialized technical roles – is better suited to candidates moving into operational functions. Where an MBA in finance might pave the way to a CFO or hedge fund manager role, an MSc in finance might be appropriate for actuaries, economic theorists, economic behavioral modeling and financial analysts in the making.
To get an admission in MBA with any specialization, it is necessary to appear and score in GMAT or CMAT exams (Graduate Management Admission Test/ Combined Management Admission Test).
Some of the affiliated universities conduct their own admission examination.
Yes, you can do MBA in finance through the distance learning education programmes. Some of the universities like Sikkim Manipal University and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU 2019) are offering the distance MBA programme. This is a great opportunity for students who want to do two courses at one time this is less time consuming and beneficial at the same time.
Top colleges offering MBA in Finance course are:
“There are a lot of job opportunities offered in MBA (Finance) qualified in public as well as private sector”. Opportunities will arrive at you according to your capability and how well you have done in these 2 years, universities have placement programmes arranged for their students in the last year where a lot of companies pay a visit and select the best students among the lot.
Finance in MBA can work in the banking and non-banking sectors. You can work anywhere in the corporate world. Every industry has a need for a financial expert for maintaining the balance of capital.
Students, who have done MBA in finance, have a lot of job opportunities in government and the private sector. He/she can be a part of the stock market, top-notch organization, finance ministry, and related organizations. Besides an MBA in finance with CA can run his own business.
While an MBA in finance typically prepares graduates for a broad range of careers, some business schools offer a deeper specialization for those with a particular field of interest in mind.
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) specialization allows holders to practice accountancy as an individual, or as part of a corporation. Many independent CPAs deal with tax services, personal wealth, personal investments and smaller amounts of money on the private side. When working for a larger firm, the CPA specialization means that certificate holders will operate in the financial arm of the company, particularly with taxes, corporate money, wealth management,and other investment and monetary based roles.
• A certified Financial Adviser (CFA) works both publicly and privately with either individuals or companies to help them make wise investments and purchases, build investment portfolios, and generally manage their money.
• A Certified Management Accountant (CMA) handles almost all of the financial aspects of a company, from forecasting the profit margins of specific projects to advising directors on the best means of achieving financial growth and protecting their company from potential risk.
• International finance is not only a huge sector but, according to the QS Jobs & Salaries Trends Report 2014/15, a growing one as well. Specializing in this field opens up opportunities in international investment, banking,and taxation, as well as allowing international financiers insights into developing markets.
• Financial economics focuses more on microeconomics in terms of optimization, equilibrium and comparative statics. This specialization is more observational, looking at the models of how producers and consumers function in a given economy.
• Corporate finance is where most finance MBAs will be looking to end up, as a fund manager for instance, or financial personnel manager. Topics within corporate finance are typically focused on how to grow the corporation’s capital by means of mergers & acquisitions, financial forecasting, managing investments and managing investment strategies.
Finance is counted among one of the highly paid sectors of the country. It is a good paying degree. Salary is no bar for the qualified and skilled one. A financial manager can earn between Rs. 3 to 4 lacs per year.
Salary of an MBA in Finance qualified can also depend upon the working experience, qualification, recruiters, geographic location of the organization, etc. After gaining sufficient experience, you can easily earn attractive salary packages in both sectors.
The top recruiters for MBA in finance are:
• Goldman Sachs
• Morgan Stanley
• Merrill Lynch
• Bain & Co
• Boston Consulting Group
• Lehman Brothers
• JP Morgan
• Deutsche Bank