PGDM i.e. Post-Graduation Diploma in Management is a very wise option after pertaining your bachelors.
PGDM is a two-year course with a specialization in Management discipline. This is the discipline which is effective in all types of fields. You see, management is a part of everything.
From the word management, it does not mean that we are talking about top-management of an organisation, no, not at all.
Management can be defined as something which includes managing, organising, co-operating, coordinating, controlling, directing, staffing, motivating etc.
So, from the above definition you can pretty much tell that this is the discipline which is inclusive in all kinds of fields, be it medical, educational, etc.
Now let’s talk about the benefits of PGDM course:
1. In-depth knowledge: A PGDM course helps you to gain in-depth knowledge about the various disciplines relating with your specialization. PGDM, where M stands for management is the basic diploma course that includes all sort of subjects that are similar to MBA.
Whatever specialization you choose or whatever subject you pick for your major, the following course helps you to gain in-depth knowledge of the same.
You see, everything around us is divided into categories and those categories are divided into sub-categories and it goes on.
For example, if we look at a company, we think of it as one, but if we look closely, we get to see the different brands it sells.
Let’s say, The Coca-Cola Company, this corporation has over 3500 brands and each brand have different department of advertisement, marketing, research, etc. and those departments are further divided into more and more categories. It’s like a never-ending game.
So, all of this is what is taught in a PGDM course. It will teach you each and every segment in detail so that if you still want to switch your specialization you can.
2. Methodology: You see, the type of methods that are used to teach students who are pursuing the same is quite different.
Here methodology can be referred to the way of teaching. PGDM course is a diploma course which is basically taught to students in a way which is job-oriented. They actually paint the real picture of the business scenario and how it works and how a student can stand between high competition.
3. Specializations: Just like MBA, there are numerous specializations in PGDM as well.
Be it International Business, marketing, IT, entrepreneurship & start-up studies, or human resources, there is a specialization for insurance segment as well. There is no such sector that is being left behind or is not being covered by the PGDM.
So its quite beneficial to opt for a PGDM as a person gets to choose from the various options also one can find a job in which he or she actually wants to indulge in.
4. Modern-approach: you see PGDM offers you a modern approach, it gives you the picture which is freshly painted. They do not make false promises. The following course shows the harsh reality of the business world and teaches you how to reach the top in the industry.
5. Management: the biggest thing that PGDM focuses on is Management. You see management is a very important part of our life. Yet we ignore it like its nothing for us. Though every act of ours include management in it.
For example, if you have to submit a project by tomorrow then you will try time management, or say, if you are cooking, you will manage everything accordingly to make the dish turn-up as something mouth-watering.
So, you see management plays a very important role in our life but the thing is PGDM does not allow you to ignore the same. Only a person who understands the true meaning of management can seize the deal. Because without management, all the promises become false.
6. Experience: A student pursuing PGDM undergoes internship as well as training, which leads to a new experience.
You see, if you say that you are a freelancer and that you have already written many educational articles for someone so why should you write the same topics for someone else? Because every organisation has a different story, a different dilemma, no matter what, everything gives you a new experience.
And as it is mandatory to take internships or trainings, it would be a life-time opportunity for a newbie to learn how the world of business works.
7. Personality: When you are studying in a post-graduate level diploma course, it automatically starts moulding your personality in a more dignified way.
Through PGDM, a student gets to form a personality, a sort of attitude that either help him or her to swim or could drone. Not just that PGDM also helps to sharpen the skills of the students by industrial touring, letting them know about the real world and how one should be in a particular environment.
8. Career options: PGDM provides you a variety of career options. Whatever specialization you have chosen in your diploma, it helps you to get a job in the same.
As having a diploma degree in management puts a great impression in your CV. So PGDM opens the gate for various or let’s say numerous career opportunities.
9. Certification: last but not the least, a diploma holder is truly certified that the following person is holding a diploma in a management course.
You see, “thaapa kidhar hai?” matters a lot. So PGDM, proudly gives you your “Thaapa”.
So overall, PGDM is a great and wise choice to go. It is quite similar to MBA actually.
If you are thinking of doing PGDM, then we must say, go ahead. You are making the right choice but do not forget to choose the right specialization for you. Because at times, specialization creates a huge façade leading to nothing but confusion plus chaos in the end.
Hope this article was helpful to you, do comment your views or share your doubts if you have any. And always remember that the biggest benefit of a PGDM course is that it focuses on management, and that is something which every department, every sector, every organisation need.